Sunday, August 27, 2006

TO WICKED WONDERLAND. at wednesday night i decided to go to railway station to check if there are vacancy in a night train to barcelona. With the necessities in a small backpack I headed to station, late as always. Luckily (or not) there were no waiting with metros and i got to the station 10 minutes before train would depart. And there were free places. So I thought a half minute and decided to go! Soon I found myself in a crowded old train moving slowly but without hesitation towards my old hometown. Old trains are always an experience! at least when you sleep in a 4 square meter room with 5 other persons. There are some things you just can´t do without a little help of alcohol. So, I went for bar and bought a small bottle of wine. Sipping the wine and looking how the image in the window turned from night time city view to reflection of a boy sitting still and drinking wine. When the bottle was empty, I felt i could sleep anywhere. Just the effect i was looking for!

In the cabin I started to chat with a spanish guy who turned out to be a dj in some clubs in madrid. Detailed and very interesting description of Madrid lightlife followed. In the morning I woke up when conductor came to tell that we would soon arrive to barcelona. I went to hang around in the toilet. You know. Getting fresh and charging the mobile and other things you do in train bathroom. It´s very underestimated place.

Okay, let´s move to some more interesting things... yeah, soon I was in those old metro cabins listening catalan announcements concerning the properties of next stop. Proxim estació! (woman´s voice), Plaza Catalunya (man voice renouncing the important fact), currespondencia con linea cinc (Hahaa, give me a break!). And a bit later i found myself wondering in La Rambla, the main avenue of the city! It was around eight o clock and still free of big turist masses that time. Such a beautiful moment! Headed to Boqueria to buy fresh bread, ham and quality spanish cheese and some fruits. In the bench of a nearby public garden hidden inside the big walls and small gates, i enjoyed my big handmade sandwich. After the breakfast I followed the example of others and layed down in the bench for a small nap. Well, I think for those others it wasn´t just a nice nap but more like everyday routine, if you know what i mean. All was perfect until those BCNeta bastards came terrorizing the peace with the cleaning car and shooting water everywhere! It's imposible not to meet those pricks if you visit the city! I bet BCNeta is the biggest employer of the whole fuckin city!

Yeah what! I visited some old institutions of mines and met some old friends! Tiny bar Trece near plaza real seemed to miss something. The drinks weren´t like they were before and the prices had gone up. Friendly oasis in a narrow old street, Cafe Bliss, was great as always! Always so delicicous and temptating cakes and quiches are hard to resist when seen behing the glass. My old classic, Pai Mu Tan white tee was still there and delicate and perfect as it was those first times I got to know this finest of tees in this very place. Lazy music and comfortable armchairs. Perfect escape from hectic city life. Many of my favourites were closed for august but at least Pla Dels Angels next to MACBA was open for great diner with friends. Duck confit is a secure tongue taker (finnish saying...) always! And it´s not expensive. Bar Marsella was also open. Absinth is still the speciality. I thought my body had already forgotten my last winter crazy absinth session, but I was wrong.. I just couldn´t drink it all. Some scars won´t go away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home