Wednesday, August 23, 2006

REWIND. Rewind. What happened before these peaceful days hangin out in Lavapies, eating ice-cream and listening to sweet and lazy brazilian music? The man disappeared without traces from his hometown up North. Here´s what happened.

It was early morning when I woke up at my dear friends house and headed to airport. Of course on that particular day all the computers in the check-ins were down. And result was some terrifying long queues. Flight was late. And I had to change in Norway. There was some 30 minutes time before the flight would leave to Madrid when we landed. I ran. And I made it!
Unfortunately my luggage didn´t.

But, whatta heck!
I got to Madrid! Thought it would be 40 degrees or something. But to my surprise the weather was on some days last week even colder than in Finland! I didn´t mind. So, I headed right to the hostel MuchoMadrid where I had reservated a bed via internet. It was okay although pricey for. And awful loud! Even for me it was hard to sleep when below is one of the biggest streets of Madrid. My Taiwanese roommates didn´t seem to mind...

It was good that the next night was full and I went for Los Amigos hostel ( www.losamigoshostel.com ). It was really nice place with friendly staff. In my room there were 4 French lads. I had beer in my hand before I noticed anything. And after a while we were heading for Tupperware, a nice bar in Malasaña barrio. Rock n Roll! I remember these guys with warm feelings!

There were also other nice persons in the hostel. Marta and Susana from Lisboa and Adriana from Buenos Aires. Wonderful girls! So, with this great group we howered bars at night, and of course I was walking around and checking out some rooms on rent at daytime. During one of my long walks through the city I found a small chinese restaurant. It didn´t seem any special at all, but the long menu seemed interesting and different from all the semi-chinese-restaurants. I went in and ate well! And from that day on, I was there everyday. Delicious big noodlesoup costs 3 euros. Fried noodles 3,5 euros. Fantastic! The place is just around the corner from Gran via, near Plaza Callao, behind McDonalds (for those who are in madrid). Have to pay a visit there tomorrow so that they don´t think I´ve gone away :)

And finally, I released the stress and decided to rent a room from Malasaña hoods. But since it was free from the start of September, I didn´t know where to stay 2 weeks. But luckily, I found straight away this place to stay in those 2 weeks.

So, that´s about it till this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home