Tuesday, August 22, 2006

HERE I AM. typing the machine. My house mate is making herself a dinner and I can hear the tv shouting some, propably, more than stupid news or other things that´s no use for you to hear. But you listen to it anyway. Thats the way it is. But I like this place. It´s a nice apartment, big rooms with high ceilings, all stone. Old windows, with shaped black iron barriers there to keep out those punks going on the streets and wanting to steal my powerbook lying on the table just under the window. So near, but still so far. Hahaha. No, no no, just making it a bit more dramatic. Actually there are lovely kids of all colours playing a ball on the street just outside. When I look out of window, minding you that it´s a street level apartment, they stop for a while and look at the white boy in an open window and after a while one of them says - Hola. Can´t do nothing but smile and say likewise. They are so cute... Until they draw out those 9mm semi-automatics.

This is Lavapies, most multicultural of the barrios of Madrid. Nice place what i´ve seen in a couple of days. People are hanging out on those narrow streets and pleasant plazas, taking a cup of coffee or like me, eating a homemade italian ice-cream. Fuck, it´s just the best ice-cream I´ve ever eaten! What can i do? Nothing less than eat it at least two times a day, I tell you.

Up there you have some photos I took earlier this evening as walking around this barrio. Feel free to comment! But if you say something negative, I´m happy to anounce that Blogger nowadays host a service that shows the ip-adresses of people who write comments, so I will talk to the big brothers of those lovely kids playing outside and they will make a nighttime visit at your home. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home